Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Setting new goals as I reach 282 pounds

It's the beginning of October and time for another weigh-in. As of this morning, I'm weighing in at 282 pounds, which represents a total loss of 135 pounds since starting this whole thing back in the winter of 2009.

Obviously I'm pleased with my progress - lately I've been losing about 1.5 pounds per week, which by all accounts is quite a healthy pace. Still, I think it's time to set some new goals. So here goes...

It's about three months to New Year's, so that seems like a good marker for a short-term weight-loss goal. I think that 20 pounds in that time period is do-able (considering my current pace), so my goal is to reach 265 pounds by January 1, 2011.

In the mid range, I would like to achieve 250 pounds by Valentine's Day. And then 230 pounds by Memorial Day. At this rate, I would be on target to achieve my long-range goal of 217 pounds by my birthday, in August.

I know this is going to be a tough challenge to remain focused, but I'm not really going to focus solely on the weight loss. Instead, these are really just markers. My true goals include continuing to progressively increase my level of fitness through daily exercise.

Lately I've been riding my bike about 10 miles, once per week. My goal in the short term is to double this to 10 miles twice weekly. In the mid range I would like to begin doing two additional shorter rides - about five miles - two mornings each week before work.

Well, that's it for now. More goals to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment