Monday, December 5, 2011

Hiking is an insane calorie burning activity!

Hiking is the most amazing fat-burning I've found. At my current weight of 264, I burn more than 1,000 calories during an 80-minute cross-country hike (and I hike three times that amount at least twice a week). That's insane. Yes, I realize those who do cardio machines at the gym may already be aware of how intense this calorie-burning thing works, but I could just never get into machines. Hiking hills close to home is the only way I'm going to be able to overcome obesity once and for all. Thirty-seven pounds to go!

If you're interested in calculated the number of calories you can burn by hiking, according to your current weight, check out the hiking fitness calculator at Self Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. @KittenCatMiaou on twitterJune 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM

    Great blog post....agree walking / hiking (jogging?) outdoors waaaaaaaaaaay more fun and therefore a huge motivating factor compared to boring machines, stale air and freakishly toned Lycra-clad gym-bunnies and macho weight-lifters..... :D ...lucky if you live somewhere pretty with lots of hiking routes to make use of.....

    (am aware some people dont like going alone - fear I am one! - so to other readers if they wanna find hiking buddies suggest Meetup or other local or forum / chat websites...)


    :))

    ReplyDelete