Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Will Body Combat improve my quality of life?

Today in response to one of my articles on fitness and weight loss published on HubPages, someone asked me if I could share with them a list of "quality of life" improvements that have come about as a result of my extreme weight loss. Great question, and I'm going to have to dig deep. There are physical as well as emotional improvements, mental clarity, etc. Let me see...I'm definitely going to have to work on this today.

Another thing on my agenda for today is that I'm planning to take my first group fitness class. My gym - Midtown Sports and Wellness in Albuquerque, NM - offers several LesMills classes, including Body Combat. The name itself is intimidating to me. Plus, it sounds pretty rigorous. Still, I'm not afraid of a little sweat, so what could be the reason that I'm feeling so intimidated about showing up?

I think it has to do with the group dynamic. I've observed group classes from the outside, and everyone seems to be in their own little zone. But I still can't help but think I will be judged if I'm not doing something right, or if I need to take a breather at a time not designated for one. I know this is all in my head, and I need to get over it soon because class starts in two hours!

Hmmm, I guess this dilemma could play into my article on quality of life somehow. Well, two years ago such a question wouldn't even come to mind - a group fitness class? Please! I would put off things like taking a shower because of how difficult it was to maneuver in there. Sheesh! What am I waiting for. I think I'll get ready for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment