So without further ado, here they are: The 10 Things I Don’t Miss About Being Super Obese:
|Before "Life Guy Brian", at 420 lbs|
- Skin tags on my neck and underarms
- Having a successful job interview on the phone turn into a nightmare when interviewed face-to-face
- Not being able to walk more than a quarter mile without having to sit down
- Being afraid to fly because I barely fit, needed a seat belt extension and was concerned I was squishing other passengers
- Having to use baby wipes instead of toilet paper
- Having to use special tools and maneuvers in the shower to ensure my cleanliness
- Not being able to pick things up off the floor and feeling compelled to ask people to get things for me because the effort to do even little tasks was taxing
- Spending most of my spending money on cheap, fatty foods and sugary beverages
- Having to shop for clothes in specialty stores; Not being able to shop for bargains or at thrift stores
- Being sought after by “chubby chasers” instead of being pursued by someone who loves me for me
In the words of the incredible, inspirational Tony Robbins, “It’s your decisions, not the conditions of your life that determine your destiny.” Think of it this way: The list above is nothing but conditions. But it was my decisions – to begin eating clean and getting progressively intensive regular exercise – that ultimately changed my life and led me to lose 165 pounds.
If that sounds simplistic, it’s because it really is that simple.
Contact me in the comment section below if you'd like to talk, or follow me, Life Guy Brian, on Twitter @MyFitLife2Day for daily motivation and inspiration. I look forward to hearing from you!