Saturday, May 19, 2012

Top ten favorite foods - and then some - to fuel my fit life!

Someone just asked me on Twitter @myfitlife2day, "What are your favorite foods?" I came to my answer very quickly and I posted it right away. It wasn't hard to come up with the ten. I just thought about my regular shopping list.

Here are just a few of my favorite foods - always on hand!
Here are the first ten favorite foods that popped into my mind:

Spinach
Carrots
Celery
Quinoa
Eggs
Black Beans
Tomatoes
Prunes
Greek Yogurt
Cherries


After I'd posted it I thought of a few others that should really be it. Walnuts, almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds - all daily staples - are missing. And where's the broccoli, cauliflower, kale and collard greens? How about the limes, grapefruit and oranges? Come to think of it, bananas should really have been at the top of the list, but somehow they were completely left off. Oh well. I can't really think which of the ten I'd bump off to make room for any of these anyway. Maybe I should have given this question a bit more thought!

Anyway, the point is this: Do you think the person who asked me my favorite foods meant me to respond with dishes that I eat on a regular basis? Perhaps. But the focus of my fit-life plan is whole foods. I don't think of the recipes, though normally it's a mix of several of the ingredients listed above in some form or another and is usually seasoned with a variety of fresh herbs and dry spices (never salt).

The secret to my weight loss is simple. I eat a variety of whole foods on a daily basis. I eat a healthy balance of fats, carbs and proteins. And I eat at times of the day when I need these foods to fuel my activity.

What are your favorite foods? Let me know in the comments section below!





No comments:

Post a Comment