Sunday, December 28, 2008

Supplements (and you!) are supporting my success

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with my diet since my last post four days ago. I've started cooking a lot more, and I'm pleased to say I have only eaten out once - on Christmas eve. The fast food joints have called to me on a couple of occasions, but I've been able to abstain.

Part of my success can be attributed to the supplements I've been taking. I've been taking a GNC Mega Men Performance and Vitality Vitapak (with a multivitamin, fish oil, whole oat powder, an amino acid and a couple of other "manly" nutrients), and I've been starting off each morning with a smoothie made from 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of plain low fat yogurt, a few blackberries and a scoop of low fat whey protein (100% Gold Standard Whey from Optimum Nutrition). Also, I'm taking WellBetX's PGX, which is a soluble fiber complex and sugar blocker, to help me control crashes and cravings, and to help suppress my appetite a bit. It took some searching, but I found this product at The Vitamin Shoppe.

With the help of these supplements, I've been able stick to the diet guidelines I posted in my last post. Unfortunately, because of the weather, I haven't been able to stick to my plan of biking daily to prepare for my new commute. So instead of biking to the train tomorrow, I'm going to drive to the train station in Albuquerque and then walk to my office from my stop in Santa Fe (about 3/4 mile each way). This may not seem like much, but for me it's more than I'm accustomed to, so I think it'll make a difference.

I want to thank everyone for reading my blog and for sending me your emails of encouragement. This is a daunting undertaking. If anyone reading this can relate with my battle of the bulge please let me know and share your struggles, too, so maybe we can gain strength from each other. Please sign up for an account if you don't have one so you can subscribe or follow the blog. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment