Friday, August 3, 2012

Obesity in Mexico is out of control - Is it genetics?

In case you haven't heard, Mexico recently beat out the U.S. as the top ranked country for obesity worldwide. Well, researchers are pointing to a unique genetic predisposition among indigenous and mestizo populations in Mexico. It's sure to be controversial. Read about it on the blog LatAm News Translations.

I'll be posting soon on a trend in Mexico to publicly fund bariatric surgery clinics in Mexico to combat the obesity epidemic. It seems to me that there are better ways to treat obesity with public funding, but I'm not Mexican so it's not my place to judge. But I will be translating an article on the subject very soon, so check it out here, or "like" LatAm News Translations on Facebook to get it when it's hot off the presses!

No comments:

Post a Comment