It’s been a while since I’ve given a proper weight update here, so here it is.
395.3 pounds.
A year and a half ago, I was back around 460 pounds. I’m down about 65 pounds since then.
If you’ve followed MyFitLife2Day for any length of time, you know there’s a much longer story behind those numbers. Weight loss, weight gain, hiking, fitness, food, health, starting over and figuring things out along the way have all been part of this blog.
Today I shared an update with my TikTok audience in Brazil.
For that audience, sharing the actual number was something new. Here, not so much. MyFitLife2Day has always been a place where I’ve been transparent about my weight, including when the numbers weren’t moving in the direction I wanted them to.
So this isn’t a big reveal. It’s an update.
Where I am now
Right now, I’m eating around 2,000 calories a day and paying attention to balanced macros. I’m not using weight-loss medication. I’m doing this through the same basic things I’ve written about for years: food, movement, consistency and making decisions that support where I want to go.
And I know how to do this.
That doesn’t mean I always do it perfectly.
One of the interesting things about coming back to MyFitLife2Day at this point in my life is that I’m not learning all of this for the first time. I’ve lost a significant amount of weight before. I’ve hiked mountains. I’ve learned about nutrition. I know what my body is capable of.
The challenge now is putting what I know back into practice consistently.
The next part is about movement
Losing weight is important, but there’s something else I’m increasingly focused on.
I want my body to work better.
I want more strength and mobility. I want to be able to walk farther and more comfortably. I want to increase my exercise without asking my body to do more than it’s ready to do.
Eventually, I want hiking to become a significant part of my life again.
I know what it feels like to stand on top of a mountain that I got myself up. I also know I’m not ready to go charging up one tomorrow.
There’s work between here and there.
That work starts with rebuilding strength, increasing my walking and gradually preparing my body for more.
395.3 is just where I am today
I’m not particularly interested in pretending every weigh-in represents some profound moment.
Sometimes a number is simply information.
Today that number is 395.3 pounds.
I started this latest stretch around 460, so I’m down about 65 pounds. I still have a considerable amount of weight I want to lose, and I have a lot of physical rebuilding I want to do along the way.
That’s where I am.
And that’s what MyFitLife2Day has always been about: documenting the journey while I’m actually living it, not waiting until I reach the destination to tell you what happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment